Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sick

Last Saturday night I had a tickle in my throat. Didn't think much about it and just had some extra tea to make it go away. Sunday came and the tickle became more irritating but still manageable and I could still talk just fine. I kept drinking more tea and had some Ricola just thinking that it would go away by the morning. Well it didn't.
Monday morning came and I was a mime, minus the face paint, the French hat, gloves and stripped shirt. Because it wasn't bad enough that I was 'sick' on a school day, I was also having a bad case of the Mondays. By that, I mean the medicine I took tasted really icky (it didn't even have the suggested flavor that it was supposed to taste like on the box), I spilled some tea on myself that I took with me to my CJSA office hours, I dropped my mug (luckily it was closed), when I made another cup of tea, the tag fell of and to the bottom (pretty sure I drank it) and I barely made it through half of my 2hour 40min class (luckily I have a friend in that class that will send me the notes). Now I know these 'problems' aren't a big deal and normally I wouldn't really care, but when you -or in this case me- are already feeling sick, every little think just piles on the bad experience. 
To top off this great sick period, I was still have to write a Reasons Statement for my Grad School application and actually apply by tomorrow. Hopefully I am better if not 100% in the morning because I have too much to do and don't want to go see the doctor here on campus. If (no when) I do finish the Reasons Statement and applying and if I don't feel sick tomorrow night, I think I will take a night off. Please don't let me be sick tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment