Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Best Friends

When you are a kid, you have a group of friends that you did everything with. You knew their home numbers by heart and new exactly how long it took to get to their house for your play dates. But everyone had that one friend that was extra special to you. That is your best friend. My best friend is Laura. We tell each other everything from how our day was to what we want to do in the future. I even tell her more stuff than I tell my sister and we are close. We've been best friends ever since the 5th grade when we went on a field trip and we each wanted to be paired up with two different people but were stuck together. On the bus ride there we despised each other, on the ride back, we were inseparable. Middle school came and we were still close having some classes together but not many. Then high school hit and we were forced to go to different schools. We each had new groups of friends but always found time to hang out just the two of us, talking about the past, our present and out future (we always dreamed of owning an island in the Bahamas). In college now, we are still separated going to different schools almost 4 hours away. While we are separated physically, we have never been closer mentally. We call each other weekly and send constant emails to each other telling about our days. Today, she proved again why I love her. She sent me a video, as she usually does, about Tough Mudder and told me that she was going to do it. Her memory isn't always the best and when I said I was doing it too on the same day, it brightened her and my day enormously. We are now planning to train for it together over the summer (as it is in September) and will encourage each other through the obstacles, all 26 of them. We might be two totally different people, but we really are two peas in a pod. So thank you Laura for always being there for me and showing that even after 12 years of knowing each other, we still have a long way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment