Monday, January 23, 2012

First Day, Last Semester

Today I start my first day of class for my last semester as an undergraduate here at UW-Milwaukee. I'm currently planning on taking 5 classes (2 Criminal Justice, 2 German, and a Sign Language class with the possibility of dropping the Sign Language class). My 2 CJ classes should be fun. One is about research methods where we probably talk about statistics and reports and math type stuff. My second one is about comparative criminal justice where we spend one month on USA's law, the constitution and why our law is the way it is (how we will fit that into just one month of school beats me), then we will look at other countries like Germany, and Japan and Islamic law and see how they differ from USA's law. As for my German classes, one is movies after the war (this one being online) and the other about scripture and reading (which is taught by my Oma's and Opa's lodge friend) so both of those will be fun but will be a lot of work. The Sign Language class is just an introduction to sign language and we will have to interview a deaf person and by the end I will hopefully know more words in sign language than just swears and random animals. 
Today might be the first day of my last semester but graduation and the day I walk seem like a far thought. I'll take it one day at a time and will manage (with some days being much more stressful than others). All in all, it should be fun, but for now, I'm off to my first class. Good luck to all of those in the same boat as me and to those with semesters left before graduation, the light at the tunnel does keep growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment