Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Day One

Hi. This is really quite strange and slightly difficult for me, as I have never done this before. I am at a loss of words which rarely comes to me as I like to write and my brain is always on a train of thought shooting from one thing to another. Like just now I am thinking about trains because I typed train of thought. I'm thinking how cool it would be to be in the engine of a train and come to the crossing of a street and being able to blow the whistle. About how much the train weights and how my dad and I would sometimes tape a quarter or penny or nickle (dimes were always too small) to the track and wait for a train to come by and squish it flat, becoming a little good luck piece that I would carry in my pocket when I had an exam. I've lost most of them, I still have one penny that is flattened and still carry that along with a guitar pick in my pocket. No, I do not play the guitar, yet it is on my bucket list, but I do have a guitar that is signed by Les Paul (unfortunately not a Les Paul guitar) that he signed after playing a private concert for myself and roughly 15 other students for writing the 'best essay about him and his life.' Do you see what I mean, I like to ramble on. Sometimes I'm at a loss of words and will literally write whatever comes to mind, other times I might tell you about my day or something that has been bothering me for a while, whether it be something that happened to me, or a question on my mind. I hope for all you Led Zeppelin lovers out there, you will understand my page title or whatever it is really called. 
So, today I took down the Christmas decorations. My family celebrates Christmas and we exchange presents but we don't go to church. Then I went shopping with my sister (Christina, 23) and bought the book The Woman In Black by Susan Hill and a calendar of the Greek Isles. Other than that my day was pretty ordinary. Had cereal for breakfast, took a shower (singing loudly and bad), took down the decorations, had lunch, went shopping, goofed around on the internet (it is winter break from college (UW-Milwaukee)) and decided that it was about time to start this thing up. Tonight, after dinner, I plan to edit some more of my novel and watch some TV probably while I do the dishes to 'surprise' my mom and dad and then read some more of The Langoliers by Stephen King in the book Four Past Midnight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment