Thursday, April 10, 2014

ATF Internship

Yesterday I had an interview for a summer internship with the ATF. I got there early so I walked by the river some then went into the building. 

The interview wasn't a strict interview, more conversation like. At the end of the interview, she told me that I should probably get my fingerprints done for the background check which is the next stage and that she would be telling me that night. I figured she wouldn't be telling me this unless if I'm pretty much in. 

On my way home, I stopped at the UWM Police dept and got my fingerprints done. I could tell that the officer who did them was more used to dealing with drunk college kids from the way he did them. 

Right before I left for work, I decided to check my email and not even 2 hours after the interview, I get the email telling me that I have to fill out the background check information and that I have the internship! 

I went to work and my boss called me giddy. Then my best friend Mike stopped by and brought a banana split to celebrate. 

It was a pretty awesome day and I'm really excited. 

No comments:

Post a Comment