Saturday, October 20, 2012

11 Days and Some Odd Hours

11 days is all that separates me, and thousands (maybe even millions) of others from going crazy. That's right, I'm talking about NaNoWriMo again (http://nanowrimo.org). I remember last year I was so prepared. I had a good outline with my ideas written down, I had characters pictured in my mind I was ready. This year I have an outline, but nothing after chapter 5 and I have a few characters, but only one is crystal clear (you know which one David :) ). 
Even though I don't feel as prepared as I did last year, I feel more excited. I can't wait to see where my characters take me after the 5th chapter. What they do, how they will act, who they will run into, how they will treat each other...I can't wait. I'm going to go along for the ride. At that point, I kinda feel like God. Not saying that I am God or anything, but after creating your characters, you watch them grow and change and all you have to do is pray that your fingers can type fast enough so you don't miss anything. Once they get going, it's full steam ahead and there's no stopping. I love to write. I have found my calling...at least one of them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment