Thursday, March 8, 2012

The Smart Ass

Two weeks or so ago I posted my opinion on smart asses and how a  thesaurus is never a good idea, I remain true to my earlier opinion, here's why. Today Mike (the other CJSA Officer) and myself had two of the interviews, having had one yesterday. I get there about 20 minutes before the scheduled interview time just in case the guy is really early and it was a good thing I actually got up on time because Mike still hadn't shown at 9 when the interview was so I proceeded to do it by myself. The guy (smart ass) showed up a few minutes early which is always a good thing and we made that awkward small talk and he seemed like a decent guy. He didn't use any 'big' words and still seemed smart. I asked him the questions and that got us talking like any good interview well. It just goes to show that "Any word you have to hunt for in a thesaurus is the wrong word. There are no exceptions to this rule." (Stephen King)
If we based the job solely on his application, we would not have picked him, but since he was a 'normal' human during the interview, he got the spot.

No comments:

Post a Comment