Thursday, March 14, 2013

Happy 3.14 Day!

Many people know that today (March 14th) is Pi Day. Pi has an infinite number of decimal places. The most I know is 3.14159265358979323

How many decimal places do you know? Well the band After The Burial knows 100 decimal places of pi and wrote a song for it called Pi (The Mercury God Of Infinity)...which they play live. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v2ZLV-aYvB8

Less known fact about today, it is also Albert Einstein's birthday. 

My friends and I decided to celebrate pie day in the best way we knew how...by eating pie, drinking and playing cards against humanity. 

On Tuesday I baked a strawberry/raspberry/blackberry/blueberry pie:



And had a little dough extra so I made mini apple pies:



Then yesterday after class I helped my friend Mike make his first ever pie (and it's a damn good thing I was there to help because who knows what would have happened otherwise. He wanted to put apple filling in along with apples). 

So go out today and eat some pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment