Thursday, May 2, 2013

Double Standards

I hate double standards. 
One of my professors, let's call her Dr. Smith, is the queen of double standards in my life currently. When we, the students, have something due for her class, she will not hear any excuse from us if it's late, and pretty much just throw it out, not grading it. 
Well, yesterday she said she would have our book report grades up. (I'm in grad school, doing a book report? Yeah, didn't make much sense to me either). Anyway, all of yesterday came and went and the grades are still not up. The seven students in Dr. Smith's class all have a combination of other classes, jobs, families, internships, and God-forbid ~ a life; yet any excuse doesn't matter to her. Why should she get extra time to grade our book reports (when it's her job) but she won't give us any extra time (not that I needed it, it's just the principle of the thing). 

No comments:

Post a Comment