Monday, May 20, 2013

Bucket List

Most people my age that I know don't have a bucket list. Why would you? You have the rest of your life to take on new adventures, to see the world, to discover yourself. But how do you know if you are accomplishing what you want to do. That is why I have a bucket list. 
I have roughly 90 things on my bucket list and have already crossed off some of them.
I've earned my Gold Award through Girl Scouts, I was part of a flash mob, I donated my hair, I published a book, went to a Packer game with my dad, did the Polar Bear Plunge, Dirty Girl, Half Marathon and Tough Mudder with my mom, and I graduated from college...but I still have lots to go. 

Some of places I want to visit include Alaska, Ireland, Italy, the Arlington National Cemetery to see the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, and to throw a dart at a map and travel to where ever it lands. 
I want to go hunting with my dad, to continue to give my mom flowers for no reason except that I love her. I want to send a message in a bottle, and to make someone  who is less fortunate have a fantastic Christmas. I want to ride across the country on a Harley and write about my journey and the people I meet. 
Currently, I'm learning Morse Code and am working on getting my Masters. 



If you don't have a bucket list, things fall through the cracks. How will you know what you want to do with your life if you don't stop to think about it every once in a while. 

You're only given one life, but one life is all you need. 


To see my full list: http://pinterest.com/bauerno2/bucket-list/

No comments:

Post a Comment