Friday, October 25, 2013

One Week


No, not the song by Barenaked Ladies. But one week until NaNoWriMo (nanowrimo.org). In one week, or 7 days, or 168 hours or 10,080 minutes, thousands of people will be hyped up on coffee or tea, getting less sleep than they should, having no social lives (if they ever had one to begin with), and hoping that their imaginary friends will take them on a journey worth writing 50,000 words about.

Thankfully I have friends and family that I can ask random questions, where other people would judge my sanity. I have a notebook and word document that I can write in at any spare second of the day. I have my daily word count posted beside my desk. But most importantly, I have an idea. And if I may say, it is brilliant. I already have a strong outline from the help of one of my oldest friends, Ashley, and cannot wait to begin.

Whether you are ready or not, here it comes. And in the words of the Doctor:

"GERONIMO!!!"

No comments:

Post a Comment